Northside Hospital is the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Petersburg. Their technologically advanced facility allows their superior physicians and nursing staff to care for the growing community. With campus-based specialized units, such as the Tampa Bay Heart Institute, and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Neuroradiology and neurologic care, Northside Hospital continues to enhance and expand its services to better serve the St. Petersburg community.
Hospital website: www.NorthsideHospital.com
- 288-bed community hospital
- Undesignated (Level II State application in process)
- 12 hr primary in-house coverage, plus 12 hr secondary call from home with 30 min response (rarely called in)
- Trauma service covers 10-13 days/mo emergency GS call
- ED volume: 40k
- 7 OR’s (1 trauma designated)
- Annual Trauma admissions projected: 650 (conservative)=55/mo
- Students rotate from graduate medical education program (32 IM residents & 6 cardio fellows)
Trauma Surgeon Criteria:
- Board Certified Surgery with Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Required
- ATLS Required
- Permanent positions with equitable scheduling model and unique work/rest model
- Paid Malpractice and no attributed overhead expenses
- Employment model with full benefits; including, health and 401K with elective deferral options
- $5,000 CME Allowance
- Competitive Income Potential
- Comprehensive back-end support services including recruitment, credentialing, renewals, billing, follow up clinic support and more
- Located in Pinellas County on Florida’s west coast, St. Petersburg is the fifth-most populous city in Florida and the largest in the state
- Beautiful beaches, golf, tennis and professional sports team, including the Tampa Bay Rays, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Tampa Bay Lightning are close by.
- As St. Petersburg enters its second golden age, and steps boldly into the 21st century, the downtown core continues its revitalization with projects that include retail shops, restaurants, and movie theaters.
- City of St. Petersburg: http://www.stpete.org/