Memorial Hospital has emerged as a state-of-the-art 418-bed, full service, acute care medical facility. For the second year in a row Memorial has been named a U.S. News & World Report best hospital and our patient safety scores, ranked by independent organizations, are some of the best in the area.
- 418-bed facility
- Provisional Level II State Designation Granted
- 12 hr primary in-house coverage, plus 12 hr secondary call from home with 15 min response (rarely called in)
- 26 OR’s (1 trauma designated)
- Annual Trauma admissions projected: 800+ (conservative)
- Trauma service covers minimum 10 days/mo emergency GS call
- High volume of auto accidents
- ED Volume: 130k; 37 ED beds (increasing to 56 with expansion
- Peds unit in house, but Children’s Hospital only 6 miles awayà stabilize & ship mostly
Trauma Surgeon Criteria:
- Board Certified Surgery with Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Required (ATLS Required)
- Willingness to work at on-site clinic for post-op follow up visit
- Permanent positions with equitable scheduling model and unique work/rest model
- Paid Malpractice and no attributed overhead expenses
- Employment model with full benefits; including, health and 401K with elective deferral options.
- $5,000 CME Allowance
- Competitive Income Potential
- Comprehensive back-end support services including recruitment, credentialing, renewals, billing, follow up clinic support and more
- As the largest city in the continental U.S., Jacksonville is the perfect place to experience a new side of Florida. The abundant waterways, parks and ecological preserves in Jacksonville provide an unforgettable opportunity to escape the ordinary.
- Due to its convenient location, mild climate, reasonable cost of living, high quality of life and a business-friendly government, Jacksonville is a popular location for corporate expansions and relocations.
- City of Jacksonville: http://www.coj.net/