Central Florida Hospital is an affiliate of HCA, the nation’s largest healthcare network with more than 163 hospitals. We share HCA’s commitment to quality, following guidelines for clinical excellence, safety and patient satisfaction that often far exceed national levels. Our hospital is home to the only open-heart surgical program in Seminole County.
- 208-bed hospital
- Level II Trauma Center
- 12 hr primary in-house coverage, plus 12 hr secondary call from home with 30 min response (rarely called in)
- All cases come through the ED (49k volume)
- Total Trauma Registry May- Dec 2015: 738
- Total Admits 2015: 517 (Penetrating: 6.5%; Blunt: 89.5%)
Trauma Surgeon Criteria:
- Board Certified Surgery with Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Preferred
- ATLS Required
- Willingness to work at on-site clinic for post-op follow up visit (Wednesday mornings)
- Permanent positions with equitable scheduling model and unique work/rest model
- Paid Malpractice and no attributed overhead expenses
- Employment model with full benefits; including, health and 401K with elective deferral options
- $5,000 CME Allowance
- Competitive Income Potential
- Comprehensive back-end support services including recruitment, credentialing, renewals, billing, follow-up clinic support and more
- Sanford is located just 35 miles North of Orlando in one of Central Florida’s oldest incorporated cities and is home to brick lined streets, towering oaks, elegant store-fronts and large, nineteenth-century Victorian homes.
- Sanford sits on the south shore of Lake Monroe, providing a waterfront backdrop for walking, jogging or just enjoying the natural beauty.
- Local attractions include one of the largest malls in Central Florida: Seminole Towne Center; Central Florida Zoo, Sanford Farmers Market,& Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center