Coordinates the quality of the trauma program including the administrative responsibilities of maintaining trauma accreditation. Leads performance improvement activities, guideline development and education. Serves as a liaison between Carolinas HealthCare System and regional trauma partners including pre-hospital providers, transport agencies and receiving facilities. Supports pre-hospital education as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with Trauma Medical Director to ensure quality and performance improvement activities optimize care of the trauma patient.
- Oversees and coordinates Quality Monitoring Program and develops performance improvement initiatives.
- Analyze biannual quality reports and develop strategies to improve care.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates trauma guidelines and policies.
- Represents the trauma program on the Hospital Emergency Management Committee.
- Serves as a representative on the State and Regional Trauma Program Manager Committees.
- Builds strong relationships with physicians and service line leaders that support the care of the trauma patient.
- Assures all Level I Trauma Center accreditation standards are met as required by North Carolina Office of EMS and American College of Surgeons.
- Participates in Performance Improvement program.
- Demonstrates strong managerial skills to promote accountability and efficiency among staff.
- Collaborates with Director(s) to ensure compliance with guidelines of accrediting and regulatory agencies, unit standards of care and practice and organization policy and procedure.
Works in an office environment. Requires ability to move about the medical center and ability to attend local, regional and national meetings. Must have reliable own transportation. Ability to perform effective public speaking required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Current Registered Nurse licensure by the North Carolina State Board of Nursing. Current successful completion of ACLS. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA. ACLS and TNCC instructor. BSN, CEN and 2 years experience in comparable position preferred. Masters degree preferred (MHA, MBA, MSN, MPH).