The Trauma Program Manager is responsible to develop and operationalize a systematic program to manage and advance trauma care for the community that United Hospital serves. The programs support care provided in the continuum from injury, prehospital care, Emergency Department, OR, ICU, through inpatient care. The individual in this role uses advanced knowledge, skills and abilities to promote optimal care through clinical activities, professional and public education, research activities, and quality improvement leadership.
- Baccalaureate Degree Required ( BAN/BSN preferred), Masters Degree preferred.
- Course work in Leadership and Education helpful
- Knowledge of current theoretical and best practice approaches to trauma patient care delivery and processes.
- Competency in leadership skills as demonstrated through experience and outcomes.
- Ability to direct nursing practice activities that support a professional practice environment and interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Strategic planning skills to direct program development or system improvements. Experience in program development and implementation
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills , including public speaking skills
- Analytical ability