The RN-Trauma Team provides direct nursing care to trauma patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Utilizes critical thinking to appropriately delegate tasks and evaluate the effectiveness of care.
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course completion card from the American Heart Association required within 1 (365 days) year of hire or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1.5 Months (45 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) course completion card obtained within 12 (1 year) months of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Kansas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate of Science
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN), or 3 year diploma in nursing required or must be obtained by hire or job transfer date Preferred that the college or university be accredited by NLN or CCNE BSN from an approved (Accredited by NLN or CCNE) college or university preferred and Three years recent experience in ER or ICU nursing required.