With close guidance of the Trauma Education and Injury Prevention Program Manager, provides coordination, monitoring, and maintenance of a hospital-based and community-wide Trauma Injury and Safety Education Program.
1. Bilingual English/Spanish.
2. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with hospital departments and the general public.
3. Posses highly effective oral and written communication skills and ability to make group presentations.
4. Ability to work with multi-cultural and multi-ethnic populations.
5. Ability to work as a team member and provide excellent customer service.
6. Ability to maintain records and to prepare detailed reports from such records.
7. Ability to work evenings and a limited number of weekends.
8. Ability to organize and direct multiple activities simultaneously.
9. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
A. Work Experience:
One year experience as an educator in community education and/or community outreach events required.
1. Certified as a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration/Standardized Child Passenger Safety Technician or be eligible for certification.
2. Valid Driver’s License
C. Education and Training:
1. High School or GED.