Completes data collection protocols and conducts chart abstraction for the trauma program.
- Completes concurrent and retrospective data abstraction/submission while ensuring compliance to Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation and all regulatory agency requirements. (80%)
- Completes case finding protocols to determine inclusion eligibility for trauma and stroke programs. (15%)
- Interfaces with the medical record department staff to request, acquire, and return closed medical records on a daily basis. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Experience with coding and medical terminology required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- ART, RHIA, RHIT or eligibility for certification preferred.
- Experience with pre-hospital, emergency, stroke,and/or trauma systems preferred.
- 2 years patient registry experience preferred.
- AIS coding preferred.