Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center is currently looking for a Trauma Registrar.
- Maintains responsibility for assuring the accuracy and completeness of reports to appropriate authorities.
- Tracks Trauma patients throughout hospital stay and for outcomes.
- Identifies all reportable cases for inclusion in the registry from the ED patient log.
- Maintains Trauma Registry Log. Case finding meets 97% completeness as required by the Trauma Registry.
- Abstracts data from the patient’s chart including demographic characteristics, history of injuries, and modalities according to established guidelines/reviews in conformance with the Clear Lake Regional Medical Center Trauma Registry.
- Demonstrate ability to calculate Injury Severity score and communicates with medical records staff when coding questions arise.
- Reviews charts of all possible candidates and selects qualifying patients based on current American College of Surgeons criteria. Compiles demographic and medical information on qualifying candidates for entry into the registry.
- Participates in the improvement of care and practice based on trauma patient care standards.
- Accurately prepares statistical reports for presentation at Multidisciplinary Trauma Committee meetings.
- Reviews emergency log, EMS reports, and autopsy reports to generate a listing of trauma registry candidates.
- Prospective and retrospective medical record reviews and report writing utilizing the trauma database software.
- Serves as a member of Multidisciplinary Trauma Committee meetings.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned. Performance will be evaluated in terms of: a) level of participation; b) completion by due date; c) adherence to instructions; d) accuracy.
- CIASS or CSTR certification preferred
- Has a minimum of two years recent medical, medical coding, trauma registrar or EMT experience.
- Preferred experience as a trauma registrar.
- Complete (AAAM) Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine
- ICD-10 course within twelve months of employment.
- Complete Trauma Registrar Course within twelve months of employment.