The Trauma Registrar, proofs, enters and extracts data using department-specific applications.
- Prioritizes, corrects and batches data in order to locate missing information in preparation for entry.
- Enters information from a variety of sources into computer database(s). Verifies data entered into computer by checking printouts/reports for errors and correcting as required.
- Extracts information out of clinical and/or non-clinical databases.
- Prepares reports, presentations and other documents as instructed.
- Abstracts and analyzes data from the trauma patients medical record concurrently and retrospectively.
- Enters all appropriate and required elements into the trauma registry as defined by the American College of Surgeons and State Regulations. Collects data for ACS audit filters and National Trauma Database (NTDB) indicators accurately.
- Collects follow-up information on all patients including autopsy reports and performance improvement issues and enters the information into the trauma registry.
- Scores patient injuries using ICD-9 diagnosis codes and AIS/ISS injury Serverity coding systems.
- Develops, organizes and prepares statistical information in report form to assist in quality monitoring of trauma care on established time frames or upon request.
- Attends and participates in Trauma Multidisciplinary MD Peer Review M&M Committee meeting and Trauma Program Operational Process PI Committee Meeting. Transcribes M&M dictations for Trauma Medical Director.
- Records and transcribes minutes for Trauma Program Operational Process PI Committee meeting.
- Maintains the Trauma Multidisciplinary MD Peer Review M&M Committee meeting file.
- Other Duties as assigned
- HS or Equivalent
- Completion of a typing course
- Six months to one year related experience