Under the direction of the Trauma Medical Director and Trauma Program Manager, the Trauma Registrar is responsible for the efficient operations of the Trauma Registry including case finding, data abstraction, data entry, data submission and report generation functions of the registry. The Trauma Registrar is responsible for the development of systems and maintenance of all trauma patient related data management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities.
- Demonstrates active involvement as a team member
- Demonstrates knowledge of and sensitivity to diversity issues and respect for individual differences.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
- Participates in continuous performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates computer and keyboard skills.
- Demonstrates telephone communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to take direction from various health team members.
- Must be detailed oriented
Training & Education:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management preferred
Medical terminology, ICD-10 CM coding, AIS and ISS scoring, data base management; computer competency
Experience: Prior work experience suitable for position preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: Not Applicable
Required Licenses: Not Applicable