This position is responsible for managing Trauma Registry activities and facilitating continuous quality assessment and improvement in the delivery of trauma care by data collection, data management, data analysis, and reporting of trauma program activities and results.
- Collect patient data identified in the Trauma Registry and generate monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports to state, regulatory and other trauma agencies for the purpose of planning, management, and quality assurance.
- Maintain Trauma Committee records, minutes, agenda and other appropriate documentation. Maintain Trauma Program policies, procedures and forms.
- Participate in the preparation and maintenance of hospital Trauma Center designation.
- Supports concurrent review and data entry as well as ensures data submission to the State in the required timeframe.
- Coordinate Injury Prevent database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Medical terminology required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in healthcare (trauma) industry which includes a detailed knowledge of medical terminology, medical records and formal training in ICD-10 coding preferred.
- Minimum of one year directly related work experience abstracting and coding information using ICD-10 CM and CPT-4 coding systems preferred.
- Certified Trauma registrar preferred
- Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) coding preferred
- CCA (Certified Coding Specialist) preferred.
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills, including MS Office applications
- Excellent customer service, communication and public relations skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties occasionally require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (less than 34% of work time).