Under the supervision of the Trauma Program Manager, the Trauma Registrar is responsible for data management, conducting data analysis, and developing reports to communicate findings. Collects, abstracts, enters, and analyzes trauma patient data as required by Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center, the State of California and National Trauma Data Standard. Responsible for coding of injuries and procedures utilizing ICD 10-CM and AIS coding system as required.
- Trauma Registry Certification (CTSR, CAISS) or its completion within 1 year of hire.
- Associate degree in an allied health field such as Health Information Management, Emergency Medical Technician or Nursing preferred.
- High school graduate with college level or equivalent experience required in the healthcare field required.
- ICD-10 CM coding, medical terminology and/or physiology and disease process education preferred.
- 1-year trauma registry activity, other registry database or similar data entry experience preferred.