San Joaquin General Hospital is seeking a candidate who possesses experience with development and maintenance of trauma data base systems for the purpose of quality assurance. This position is a journey level class and candidates should demonstrate strong organizational, technical, and clerical skills. This recruitment is being conducted to fill one part-time position in the San Joaquin General Hospital's Trauma Department.
· Identifies all qualifying cases from the trauma patients brought into the hospital for inclusion in the registry, in accordance with ACS standards; updates previously included cases as needed; assembles chart copies as listed to complete abstractions.
· Identifies and abstracts data from patient medical records, including demographics, location of injury, and pre-hospital data, for the purpose of statistical reporting, analysis, and inclusion into the trauma registry; collects data and researches missing patient care documentation as needed from multiple sources, including other facilities or agencies.
· Maintains an electronic registry that adheres to reporting requirements and complies with prescribed standards and regulations needed for trauma center accreditation by the ACS Committee.
· Utilizes Abbreviated Injury Scale/Injury Severity Scores (AIS/ISS) and International Classification of Diseases (ICD9) codes to compile indicators and statistics for use by the Trauma Nursing Director, physicians, and other Hospital staff.
· Generates and prepares reports on trauma populations, performs data searches for trauma-related research projects, and provides information that will be used for Performance Improvement activities to facilitate continued education and system improvement.
· Maintains trauma and ambulance logs; reviews the logs for omissions and duplicates; provides log data to other departments (e.g., medical records) as appropriate.
· Prepares and submits periodic data reports of trauma cases and information to the Trauma Nursing Director, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), and/or other Hospital staff/departments as directed; prepares and submits reports to the National Trauma Data Bank, in accordance with ACS guidelines.
· Maintains confidentiality and security of all patient information in compliance with Hospital and federal regulations; maintains quality control of case findings, abstracting, coding, follow-up and data processing.
· Maintains records for continuing Quality Assurance indicators reviewed at periodic meetings.
· Participates in continuing education coursework to stay abreast of new developments in registry data management, regulations, requirements, and trends; assists in updating policies and procedures related to trauma registry activities as assigned.
· Provides general administrative assistance to the Trauma Nurse Director pertaining to the coordination of unit functions.
· Performs other or related duties as assigned.
See full listing.