The Trauma Registrar for Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) develops and assures the quality and accuracy of the trauma registry database. He / She identifies cases, abstracts and maintains the trauma registry database according to existing regulatory requirements.
· Analyzes and abstracts detailed clinical and administrative data from the medical record to meet hospital, accreditation and regulatory agency requirements.
· Initiates and performs required follow up activities to assist in improving clinical outcomes.
· Conducts and presents trauma registry reports. Responds to request for information utilizing available trauma related database resources.
· Collects trauma data for injury research and prevention, as well as quality improvement tracking. Assures accuracy and confidentiality in the handling of all trauma registry related matters.
· Runs reports and analyzes data to promote process improvements and optimum patient care. Consults with physicians or other clinical staff as needed for the assistance with acquiring trauma case reporting information.
· Reports and/or transmits hospital data in a timely and complete manner as required to relevant reporting agencies.
· Works closely with Trauma Services Director, Trauma Medical Director, and Trauma Coordinators, hospital staff members, and physicians to maintain trauma designation status.
· Participates in Trauma Performance Improvement Program including data analysis, medical record extrapolation, and data entry for the trauma registry.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
· Knowledge in Trauma Registry methodology, case abstracting, and data entry.
· Knowledge of data integrity and analysis.
· Knowledge of ICD-9/ICD 10 coding, AIS and ISS scoring.
· Skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to perform statistical analysis.
· Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.