The Trauma Registrar works under the supervision of the Trauma Program Manager. The registrar is responsible for the collection, entry, maintenance, and reporting of data for the State Trauma Registry. Utilizing analytical, cognitive, and leadership skills, the registrar shall utilize the collected trauma data for injury research, epidemiology, prevention initiatives and performance improvement. The data shall be obtained from Emergency Department records, electronic medical records, and patient interview. The registrar will code and enter data into the computerized trauma registry, maintaining confidentiality at all times. It is important to acknowledge that high-quality data begins with high-quality data entry, and it is the trauma registrar who is responsible to perform this task.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS) required
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention within 1 year of hire
- AAAM Injury Severity Scoring Training within 2 years of holding this position
- Previous experience with data management/entry/abstraction
- Must have skills to respond quickly and calmly under stressful or emergency situations