The Trauma Registrar is responsible for maintaining the Trauma Registry by accurately and efficiently abstracting patient records and entering data under the direction of the Director of Trauma Services. Provides a range of secretarial duties to support the Trauma Services Office.
● Accurately and efficiently collects and enters trauma patient data into the trauma registry which includes but is not limited to: demographic data, dates & times, physiologic data, procedures, morbidity and performance improvement indicators as requested
● Assists with the development, assembly, revision and distribution of trauma committee minutes, forms, orders, manuals, reports, and policies as directed.
● Answers telephone with a pleasant voice, proper identification of self and department; offers assistance and relays messages appropriately.
● Assists with organizing professional outreach education programs (i.e. TNCC, ATLS, Trauma symposiums, in-services, etc.)
● Completes data collection and entry in a timely and accurate manner.
● Maintains all reference materials necessary for trauma registry coding and abstracting.
● Assists with registry reports as requested and reviews monthly summary reports to assure data completeness.
● Obtains documentation from pathology, the coroner and/or appropriate EMS agencies as requested.
● Utilizes ICD-10 coding and patient criteria established by the Trauma Committee to identify patients to be entered into the trauma registry from the ED log and electronic medical record. Accurately and efficiently maintains the trauma patient log and trauma project list on a daily basis.
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Coding Experience, English, Healthcare Experience, High School Diploma/GED Equivalent, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing, Medical Assistant (MA) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners, Medical Records Coder Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals, Paramedic Certificate - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners, Trauma Registrar Course and Injury Scaling Course