The Trauma Registrar manages all components of the Trauma Registry, including data collection, data entry, and data retrieval/statistical conversion.
- Reviews trauma admission records for data collection and abstraction.
- Analyzes all records for quality assurance trauma standards recommended by governing bodies and as stipulated by regulatory groups.
- Performs the abstraction, coding (ICD) and application of all trauma data points in the registry taken primarily from inpatient trauma cases.
- Apprises program coordinator of all relevant trauma audit filter inconsistencies via periodic quality assurance reports. Produces various other quality assurance reports as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Specialist Trauma Registry or Certified Abbreviated Injury Scoring Specialist required.
- High school diploma Completion of medical terminology course required ICD-9/10 training preferred and Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in trauma registry.